An impression of day to day life in a country which only recently opened up its borders after a communist regime.
The film by Augustijn Video Productions (AVP) shows the country as it is. Uncomplicated, unpolished, untamed ….
Enjoy watching day to day life along the banks of the Mekhong river, the lively markets and indeed the ever smiling faces.
- Chong Mek border: lively trading at the border provides a colourful spectacle
- cruising the Mekhong: the only hardened road still being under construction, water provides the only comfortable way
- Wat Phu Champasak: an impressive Laotian version of the Thai Khmer temples
- Khon Phapheng falls: with a thundering noise the Mekhong forces its way through the narrowing difference in heights
- Alak Tribe: living in the “stone age”, visitors from outside are received with a certain mistrust
- Paksé: the big lively market, with its somewhat unusual methods of preserving shelflife
- Bolaven Plateau: the plateau is reknown for its coffee-, rubber-, banana plantations and its simple, but cosy markets.
Title: Untamed Laos
Running time: 37 minutes
Voice over: none
Recording year: AVP © 1999
Price: EUR 9,95